Friday, March 12, 2010

R1P3D9

LIW 159.4
Current Weight 159.7
Daily Loss .2

So I ate pretty well again yesterday, with the exception at dinnertime.  I actually came home from my training ready to go work out, and once I went into the kitchen I realized how hungry I was and ate all my dinner at 4:45pm.  See here for my food.  I had cashews, which most people say dont  have til later on in P3 or even P4, but they didnt seem to affect me, and they were SO good.  But they also didnt fill me up like I thought they would. I could have eaten the whole can of them.  And more whipped cream and strawberries, I LOVE THEM!

Today, I was happy to see that I am only .3 above my LIW.  I might just be starting to get the hang of this.  We shall see how tomorrow goes, however, as I added in a little cheese and egg today.  I decided to make all the recipes I had been holding out on, and see how they taste.  Kinda like a dry run for my later P3 weeks.  I made cauliflower breadsticks (yum!) with mozzarella cheese-had 1.5 of them, oopsie rolls that have cream cheese(also yum, and I dont even like eggs)-only took a few bites of that, and had a chicken feta spinach sausage link for lunch (not so yum).  I also made some zucchini latkes for my hubby and inlaws as well, since hubby complained there was nothing in the frig for him to eat....but I didnt have any of those, since I dont like how eggy they taste.

My sister in law is in town for FIL's birthday tomorrow, and we are headed out to Houlihans for dinner.  I would much rather not go to a chain since I know they have all sorts of sugar and starches in their food...but since we are bringing the kiddies and Grandpa doesnt want to be embaressed at a nice restaurant, thems the breaks.  We will also be going out to lunch tomorrow before hubby's sister leaves...fingers crossed no more steak days this week with all this eating out.

Got my size 28 waist skinny jeans in the mail today.  I ordered a pair of Seven jeans on craigslists in a size I knew I will fit into after round two (motivation and reward), and I decided to try them on.  Yes, I was able to get them on...though they did get stuck on my butt.  From the front, they looked like they fit, and then on the back you could see a big part of my butt crack...that made me laugh so much!  It is going to be so great to fit in them come June!

And as promised from yesterday, here are my measurements for today (just from the last week-can you believe Im down another 3 inches off the HCG-I think I measured wrong!)-click to make larger:
And for those of you in P3 that are missing crackers, I just came upon this cracker recipe that sounds pretty yummy.

Recipe: Cheese crackers
1 block shredded or coarsely grated parmesan reggiano, rind removed

Seasonings of choice IE Italian herbs, cajun spice, dry hidden valley ranch seasoning, etc etc
1 nonstick skillet
1 large round cookie cutter (optional)
1 small bowl or cup (optional)

1. Heat skillet on medium heat.
2. In small bowl, combine spices/seasonings and parmesan cheese untill optimum flavor is obtained.
3. Place cookie cutter in skillet if you are OCD and require perfectly round parmesan crisps. Sprinkle thin layer of cheese with seasonings into the cookie cutter, or if you're not using it, into a thin pile on the pan's surface.
4. Wait untill cheese melts into a crisp cracker.
5. Remove from pan.
6. Repeat 17 times.

PROTIP: If you want to make some stylish bowls for party hor dourves, immediately after cooking one cracker, take it out and drape it over the top of the small glass or the back of a small bowl to create a crisp little parmesan cup. You can serve all sorts of little goodies in here, like bruschetta, prosciutto and basil for one potential combination.

Do this only if you want to make your own. Otherwise, you can get the Kitchen Table Bakery's All Parmesan Gourmet Cheese Crips, which I have heard are delicious.

Off to a meeting, have a great rest of the day.  See you tomorrow after my 1st yoga class since before P2!

4 comments:

  1. That would be so motivating. I've got some of those pants. I'm sooo excited to fit into them. Good luck at yoga!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I eat at Houlihan's on P3 and P4 - they have a steak and wedge salad that's the bomb (as long as you like blue cheese). I always ask them to eliminate the polenta croutons and the beets since they are high carb items. It's a fabulous salad. Enjoy your dinner out!

    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new jeans!!! So I am curious...what brands of jeans have you had luck with? My measurements are almost right on with yours and I am having a heck of a time finding jeans that fit right! :) Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jen,

    Right now I am wearing Bandolino's which I found at Bon Ton in a size 10 stretch...and I fit into the Jones New York size 10 stretchs as well, and my old stand bys, size 12 Calvin Klein regular fits. All of those are working for me...Good luck!

    ps-i am also going to return a pair of Gloria Vanderbilt skinny (stretch) jeans in a size 10 that fit awesome except for the fact they are a little short for me...if you are 5'5" or less and want a new pair for $20, let me know and Ill send them to you....

    ReplyDelete