Sunday, March 14, 2010

R1P3D11-Fully Deserved Steak Day!

LIW 159.4
Current Weight 163.1
Daily gain 2.0
Above LIW 2.7

Yesterday, I gained .4 and the day before that I was .3 above LIW, so that brings me to almost 3 lbs above LIW. And this steak day is fully deserved. Hubby and I went out to our favorite restaurant Honey for our date night last night (its been 60 days since Ive been there!)...and this is a restaurant that you do not make substitutions at since the menu is so artfully crafted and delicious. You order small plates (tapas) and share. I went with the full knowledge that I would ordering off the menu and that I might not be able to stick to the no sugar no starch deal. Since the power was out due to the storm that we had last night, most of the meat dishes that had no sugar or starch were not available AND we ate by candlelight...meaning I couldn't really see the starches in order to avoid them, and I'm glad I didn't get higher than a 2 lb gain this morning.

My hubby and I shared:
Broccolini with crab and cheese fondue
Tuna with garlic aioli and tomatoes
Spinach and tomato torte-just one bite (and didnt have the torte part)
Coffee short ribs with fried shallots
Pear and goat cheese rissotto cake with butternut squash sauce- just one bite
Glass of Pacific Rim Chenin Blanc
And the topper, chocolate chili creme brulee-and yes, I finished a whole 1/2 of it

Can you say YUM? Definitely! I also had a big salad for lunch with roasted chicken, tomatoes, feta cheese, pepperoni and bacon, and for breakfast I had a few oopsie rolls with guacamole, and 6 pieces of uncured turkey bacon. Hubby and I also did yoga yesterday, so there are all sorts of things I did yesterday that could have contributed to the gain.

Here's hoping that steak day works for me tomorrow. I have tons of things I've precooked that I need to start eating before they go bad.

Today I went to an Endurance Sports Expo to get me ready for this Triathlon season, and purchased some new bike shoes and running shoes, both sorely needed. I plan to start full training by mid June (after my second round of HCG) and do my first event in August. I am going to do at least two sprints this season and one Olympic distance. I also may do some aqua-velo events (just the swim and bike) since I dont know if I will be able to build up to running more than 6 miles due to pains my body has currently just from walking. There is actually a 1/2 Iron distance event that is allowing an aqua bike, so I might do that. It would be a 1.2 mile swim and 56.6 mile bike. Im pretty sure I could handle that!

What about you? What are your fitness goals for this season? This year?

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to get in my twenty miles a week, increase my pace running and get in some strength training. (finally) This year I want to get 750 miles of walking/running in.

    ReplyDelete