Saturday, March 6, 2010

R1P3D3-My first STEAK day

LIW 159.4
Daily Gain 1.5
Current Weight (including the .9 from yesterday): 161.6
2.2 above LIW

I was so excited to eat my chorizo, mashed cauliflower, and my big salad during Reiki training today. But the scale registered an amount that put me at 2.2 over my LIW, so I drank water all day, and thought about the big steak I would be getting that night for date night. I was a little disappointed, since I had planned to eat all the yummy stuff at 86 West that I have been seeing Mark get the last few weeks: Goat Cheese Fritters (just the inside for me), Roasted Brussel Sprouts, and a huge cheeseburger with bibb lettuce as a bun. Instead I had a 10 oz steak (the biggest they had) and a tomato, and really enjoyed it despite my intial disappointment. And it was fine.

The Reiki training was really nice. I refreshed my knowledge of the hand positions, and learned that I no longer need to hold my hand above the body like I was first trained 12 yrs ago. Instead I can lay my hands on the body. That was such a relief for me since it makes it much easier to do the treatment when you can relax your arms. I will take Reiki II in the next few months and then be able to do distance Reiki (let me know if you want me to practice on you when that happens, its pretty cool). I also got in touch with some feelings about how to be a better mother by paying better attention to Connor (ie turn off the TV and play a game with him, get out of my head and be loving towards him), and how to be a better wife...so all's good.

Hope you have a good rest of the weekend-Im so looking forward to being outside tomorrow. Its supposed to 55 degrees out! A heat wave

No comments:

Post a Comment