Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Caloric Needs for P3

So Im trying to figure out how many calories I need to eat to make sure I dont go into starvation mode for P3, and found the following calculations. First you need to figure out the Basal Metabolic Rate, BMR, which is the amount of calories you need just to survive. Here is the link to a BMR calculator. That number for me with my LIW of 159.4 is 1478.25.

Then you need to figure out your activity level and your BMR with that incorporated. Here are the calculations:
  • If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
  • If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
  • If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
  • If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
  • If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9
So my caloric needs are a whopping 1995.64 calories a day! And if I up my exercise, I will need to eat 2291.29 calories! Wow, thats a lot...but I know I can do it :)

 I stopped at the store on the way home from my training and got cauliflower, zucchini and eggs, so I can try some of cleochatra's recipes...zucchini breadsticks, mashed cauliflower, zucchini or cauliflower pizza, and of course, some oopsie roles. I also bought some Waldens Farm's sugar free Ketchup, BBQ sauce (tried that tonight, it was delicious, though the splenda seems to be leaving a not so nice aftertaste in my mouth), and some sugar free pancake syrup. I'll let you know what I think of the sauces, and how the recipes turn out. I can't believe I might need to have breakfast tomorrow (depending on the scale)...it is going to be so weird to eat breakfast again...and not have melba toast...Ive gotten used to those little guys. Anyway, no more musings for tonight, I promise...

ps...the following is just for reference for me so I can figure out my body fat %:

Body Fat Formula For Women


Factor 1 (Total body weight x 0.732) + 8.987
Factor 2 Wrist measurement (at fullest point) / 3.140
Factor 3 Waist measurement (at naval) x 0.157
Factor 4 Hip measurement (at fullest point) x 0.249
Factor 5 Forearm measurement (at fullest point) x 0.434
Lean Body Mass Factor 1 + Factor 2 - Factor 3 - Factor 4 + Factor 5
Body Fat Weight Total bodyweight - Lean Body Mass
Body Fat Percentage (Body Fat Weight x 100) / total bodyweight

I'll do that tomorrow after my measurements...its Wk 8 measurement time!

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy that breakfast tomorrow morning!! Have you tried Heinz reduced-sugar Ketchup? Its what I use in P3-- I suggest it as you don't like the aftertaste of the WF brand (which I do use in P2). Heinz brand has no added sugar, only a little bit of natural sugar from the tomatoes in the ketchup. I've had it a several times in P3, and haven't had a reaction to it, in P3. AND it tastes yummy, no difference from regular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ill try it (if I can find it)! I loved the Walden Farms BBQ sauce, except for the aftertaste, and the fact that Im consuming sucralose-ugh!

    ReplyDelete