Thursday, February 4, 2010

VLCD Day 27-TMI alert

Down .2lbs after second round of weighing this morning. TMI alert---do not proceed if you do not want to be mildly disgusted---can you believe that my poop this morning weighed 1.1 lbs, and it wasn't even that much!
I was up .9 for the first weigh in (after my oldest said I bet you gained, Mommy-and darn it, he was right!), but after my time in the bathroom, down 1.1 for a total of 169.1 lbs this morning-only .1lb away from a 20lb loss.
So yippee, right!, I lost 20 lbs, but I'm also a little disappointed, because I was hoping that it would be more by this time. How silly am I?
Its hard to go down so little on a day to day basis (or up, even) when I'm doing everything right with my eating, not exercising, no off protocol recipes or ingredients, drinking at least 100oz of water a day, and so on, especially for little ole miss perfectionist me...but I need to remember the bigger picture. This is a journey, not a race, and I'm doing this for my life.
I am learning a new way of living, one where I am not defined (by myself, of course) by my size, one that I am not obsessing about when the next time I can eat is, and how much I can stuff myself with food that doesn't nourish me. I am learning how to cope with life without stuffing my feelings with food. I am learning to function normally without all the chemicals that normally pollute my body running through my veins. I am learning to practice what I preach, do what I know is right for my body, treat myself with respect. I am loving myself on a basic, vital level.
I am scared of what lies ahead, of the stresses and bumps in the road that will trip me up. But I can do this. I am committed. I want to live life to the fullest and set a great example for my kids, my family, my friends, my clients. I can do this. So I need to be easier on myself. I need to treat myself with the same kindness and understanding that I do everyone else. I need to tell myself great things about myself...get myself a valentine, even :)...I do love you, Kelly. You are wonderful, giving, gracious, and kind. Just remember that.

But I might ask for a little support from you to remember that when I am hard on myself, ok? And I'll do the same for you...

I am a wonderful work in progress. And you are too. Here's to loving ourselves for who and where we are, not for whom we hope to become.

No comments:

Post a Comment