Saturday, February 13, 2010

Rd1, VLCD Day 35-that far already?

.2 down today; current weight 166.5.
I cannot believe that so much has changed in the last month with my body. Im only 22.8 lbs down, but I feel so much lighter than I was, and my body has changed so much. Scars faded, hair growing, I have NAILS (OMG!!!!!), cellulite slowly going away, body smoother and flatter and so much more proportioned. It is amazing stuff, and I feel bad for those naysayers that choose to judge this protocol instead of trying it for themselves. I'm still nervous about my first P3, but every time I look in the mirror I am more determined to make this work, since I NEVER want to go back to 189 again!

I walked on the treadmill yesterday for the first time since starting the HCG, 35 minutes at 3.5 miles an hour, just so I didn't overdo it and see a gain today, and then I bounced on my rebounder for 10 minutes. No foot pain, no calf pain, its a wonderful thing....I was plagued by pains all through last season, so much that it was depressing, and hard to even walk! Granted, I did not do too much when I was walking, so that could account for no pain, but I think it also makes a huge difference that Im carrying so much less weight on my body. I can't wait to start training for my tris!

I also made another chili attempt last night, and this time it was delicious (and its going to be lunch today, too!). Here is the recipe:

Kelly's Bison ChiliIngredients:
100gm Bison Ground Meat (mine was precooked and chopped up...I love bison more than beef, its leaner, less calories, and I think its tastier)
1 cup onions (include as much or as little as you like, these pack in some calories for a veggie!)
1/4 tsp minced garlic (or more, mine had more :)
2 cups chicken broth (a kind with no sugar, I used Imagine Free Range Chicken Broth)
Dash of the following spices (more or less per your taste):
cumin
nutmeg
paprika
chili powder-I put in about double this compared to the other spices, maybe 1/4 tsp?
salt to taste (the broth I used was kind of salty so Im going to skip this next time)

Mine was not spicy, just good. If you want more heat, add some cayenne.
Directions
If meat not already cooked, brown in a pan with the onions and garlic and skip this next step.
Brown the onions and garlic in a pan (i used a little of the broth to add flavor)-cook til onions are soft
Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a pot
Once boiling, add all the spices to the pot
Stir
Add all other ingredients to the pot
Cook for approximately 10-20 minutes on medium heat (more if you like less liquid, less if you like it a little soupier).

YUM! Share some of your favorite recipes here...I would love to try some! Also, let me know if you ever stalled on shrimp. I would love to try some grilled shrimp but been sticking to my bison and chili just cause its easy and predictable...

No comments:

Post a Comment