Tuesday, February 23, 2010

R1P2D45- TOM's Here!

Daily loss .7
Total Loss 26.5
Current Weight 162.5

TOM is finally here...I was actually a day late, and a little worried last night, but I worry no more! Thank god I did that apple day, who know's what I would've gained otherwise. Speaking of apple days, it was actually easy. I had one medium apple every three hours or so starting around 9am, and one big apple around 5pm, after which, I was definitely not hungry for more. I totaled maybe 3oz of water all day in addition to the 4 apples, and that was it. No cravings, no hunger, no huge thirst. It was interesting...

On a different note, I had an amazing conversation with my 5 yr old today. It was just this morning while he was getting dressed for school. I think he was a little upset because he wet the bed, after failing to put on his pull-up last night, but irregardless, he started asking me about death (no idea how this came up). He asked me how we know when we will die? And followed it up by saying, after we die do we come back and be a grownup? After a little discussion (me, pulling out of thin air answers I have no idea about, hoping they make sense to him), I asked him why he was wondering. If someone he knew or they talked about, died. I should have remembered that it is Lent, and they are probably discussing Jesus and the resurrection in his class, and he is concerned about it, but at the time, that did not occur to me. He said in response to my wondering, "Im just missing my other grandpa"-my dad, who passed away in 1999, way before Connor was born. It made me cry a little, that he thinks of him and was not able to meet him, but I tried to comfort him by saying he was up in heaven watching over us and he can talk to him anytime he likes. He also asked about dinosaurs, and if they are going to come back to life...and by golly, I had an answer for that one...Heady discussion for a Tuesday morning. Life definitely is an amazing thing. The most amazing thing is that this is probably the longest conversation that I've had with my son that hasn't been about Star Wars Lego Wii in months!

I sure do love my boys...

What's the best thing that happened to you today?


No comments:

Post a Comment