Monday, May 17, 2010

R2P2D32-VLCD 30

R2P2 Highest Loading Weight 165.3
Daily Loss .9
Current Weight 144.4
R2P2 Loss to Date 20.5
LIW R1P2 159.4
Under LIW 15
Total Loss to date from R1 Start: 44.6
Food Tracker: Bison Steak (5oz) with Tomato, Chicken with romaine, strawberries and braggs aminos (skipped toasts and one fruit), couple sips of Diet Coke
Exercise Tracker: 30 minute walk 19ml/hr pace (strolling round Elmwood Park Zoo)
 
Really happy with my loss today.  Glad to know that listening to my body (ie upping my protein and then just to not mess up my calorie load, skipping the toasts and second fruit) works even in P2 (And that 2 oz of chemical laden diet coke didnt affect to much, if at all).  Newbies, I dont recommend changing it up for you, since you really need to get a since of the protocol at first, but for those of you going strong, I highly recommend intutitive eating on this protocol, within the confines of the protocol food choices or those that work for you, of course. 
 
This round I learned that my body can tolerate brussel sprouts and not gain, but I don't lose either, so they're for my P3 only.  And I do ok with a little extra protein every once in a while.  I might try those steak days once a week til Im done with P2 just for an extra weight loss boost...since I only lose .2 or .4 when I stick specifically with protocol.  And that just might be the answer for this weekend, if I go to Atlantic City.  Save everything up for dinner Saturday night, and Ill be fine. 
 
Do you have any tips to jumpstart weight loss during P2, outside of the traditional apple day?


Kelly Scotti
Certified Holistic Health Counselor, AADP
 
Founder and Director, Flying Dragon Wellness
 
Inspiring people to deliciously nourish their bodies and minds. 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. You are doing great and I am so jealous...I want to be in the 140's! =) I am glad that you have figured out what works for your body...it is such an amazing protocol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting about your steak discovery! I think I may try this with the super lean steaks I found that are the same calories as chicken breasts. 1 steak is approx 300 calories. Yes, I will try it! Thanks for your experimenting!

    Spinach. I lose 2 pounds every time I eat spinach (an entire bag) as my veggie. Unfortunately, it is very painful. All night on the toilet! I may try it on Saturday so I can sleep in on Sunday. ;)

    Congrats on the GREAT loss!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea about the steaks! Wonderful loss too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you Kelly- if you listen to what your body wants, within reason, you will be rewarded. Last round, I just needed more protein than 3oz. I sometimes did 4-5oz per serving, and then adjusted my veggies to stay within the 500cal/day. I lost just fine, in fact, I had higher daily losses than I'd had in previous rounds. I agree that you should try to stay as close to protocol early in the game, and only as you really get to know your body, then start tinkering.

    You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete