Saturday, May 8, 2010

Out of sorts

Daily gain 4lbs
Current Weight 152.8

Last night I cheated big.  We went to a party for our neighbor's son who turned 1, and I was prepared.  I had eaten my 1/2 chicken salad and brought the other half with me, and I was ready to not eat or drink anything at the party.  But they had make your own fajitas, so I figured, what the heck, Ill have a little chicken.  And that turned into more chicken, then some steak, then some cheese to go on top with sour cream and salsa.  And dont forget more chicken and cheese and sour cream...and then how about a big slice of birthday cake.  And some beans, and more beans, and chips.  Holy crap, it was a downward slope. 

I think the issue actually started earlier that morning at my oldest's mothers' tea at school..  It was so sweet, they made us bath salts, and grew us each a plant, and gave us some tea and candies, and sang songs.  It was wonderful.  And then he lead me to the treat platter, and they had HUGE chocolate square cookies (i say squares because thats how big the chips were).  And I decided to have one...it was SO good.  But then I thought about it, and changed my mind.  What was I doing?  I just made it to 40lbs lost.  Why was I messing that up?  I knew a cheat would mess me up.  WTF?  So I did what I never in my life have done or thought to do-I went into the bathroom and made myself throw it all up.  I am so horrified that I did that.  I am sitting here with tears streaming down my face just thinking about it.  Here I am, all high and mighty, doing 4 day wins, and talking big about getting my psyche on track to lead this thin lifestyle, and then I do that, at my son's catholic school.  I was and am so ashamed. 

And that, combined with my unrealized stress about my husband's procedure, led me to last night.  I think the 4 lbs was more than just food, it was the weight of the world on my shoulders.   And 4 lbs! thats more than I gained in one day during loading, when I was trying to eat a ton.

Today was horrible.  Hubby wasn't able to pick up our littlest, so he stayed in the bedroom most of the day while I played with the kids, trying to keep them occupied and happy, and failing miserably.  I was at my wits end for most of the day.  The only thing I was looking forward to was my date night tonight, and then my husband told me he told the babysitter we didnt need her, since he didnt think I would want to go out.  Again, I say WTF?  I wouldnt want to go out and get away from the stress of the day, and talk about my fears and my most recent failures, and feel like a human being again?  I wouldnt want to get away from the realization that we can't have any more kids, especially the little girl I have always dreamed of having, despite my knowing I dont think I could handle another one. 

He went to a party with us last night, so obviously being out wasnt the issue...and tonight, he cant take his wife to a movie the day before mother's day?  And to top it off, today, due to the huge gain, I decided to do an apple day, and three apples in, succumbed to the chicken I brought home from the party last night (for hubby and the kids, not me).  I wonder if a chicken soaked in oil apple day will merit any loss?  Maybe just the loss of my sanity. 

Im really messed up tonight...I need comfort and am trying not to turn to food for it.  And I dont want to ask for help, dont know how anyone can help, though I need it.  Im sad and regretful and hoarse from yelling at the kids (great mother I am, huh?), and though I know things will look better tomorrow or a week from now, its hard to see my way out of it right now.  I think Im just going to go to bed.

Can't I just be skinny and sane without having to go through all this bullshit?

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Kelly- You've had a trying weekend already! Don't beat up on yourself for the cheats. Or for throwing up. It wasn't a good thing to do to your body, but take care of yourself now. Sounds to me like you are under a lot of stress right now, and the eating was an outlet for that. Its totally understandable. Do something nice for YOU now. Give yourself a bubble bath, with some nice smelling girly stuff. Read People magazine. Get a mani/pedi tomorrow, and have it include a foot massage. Be nice to you. You need it! I'm sending you lots of hugs--

    You'll always find someone out here in blogland who's ready to help- Don't hesitate to reach out. Glad you did tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LD is right - stress with a capital S! You are such a positive person, but to have a funk now and then is normal! Dont beat yourself up, realize you are human, and resolve to make tomorrow a better day. It will be all about you!! Even if its just you and your kids, go have some fun and make a memory with them that they can take out in years to come. You are doing great, and one set back doesnt throw the whole thing away - look how far you have come!
    HUGS to you Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you aren't feeling your best at the moment. I hope it's a little comfort knowing wre all have those days...and with seven children it can be weeks for me. You are a great mom who needs a break. If your hubby didn't want to go out and you did...that shouldn't of stopped you. You could of grabbed a book and headed to the local coffee shop, window shopped at the mall or locked youself in the bathroom for an hour and enjoyed a bubble bath.

    Today is a fresh start. I hope you see it that way and enjoy every minute of it...Even if it's a fake it until you make it way.


    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so brave to share all of this with us. First I want to say u look amazing in your new pics and congrats on your 40 lbs! I have thought of throwing up too and the last time was Friday when I ate mac and cheese...so I'm sure it isn't that unusual since we are all so focused on being disciplined. I'm not an expert on vasectomy but I'm sure it has to cause some adjustment reaction...I had a hard time giving Lauren's baby stuff away a couple weeks ago. I never wanted only 1 baby...it was hard. Anyway...love and grace to you!

    ReplyDelete