Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Skinny Mini, Demon Lady, and Fatty

4 day win 1st day update:

So I definitely was able to ask myself how hungry I was feeling...probably did it about 10 times today, every time I went to the kitchen to get some food.  And sometimes I turned around and headed back into my office, and sometimes I did feel hungry, and so I sat down and ate.  Its strange, I find myself headed to the kitchen at times I designate as breakfast, lunch, dinner...since I think I need to eat then.  I realize that most times in the past when I eat, Im not hungry, its just 'that time'.

I treated today as an observation day, and did not judge when I decided to eat when I wasn't physically hungry.  The first time was during lunch when I kept eating pita chips and hummus since they tasted good and the texture felt good in my mouth).  And tonight, when I ate one of my MIL's mini cheesecakes leftover from Easter (DELICIOUS!) since my littlest didn't want his, and the wrapper was already off it...and then, on my own accord, because I wanted to taste that deliciousness again, when I ate another one after dinner.  And for dinner, even, my mind made my body think it was ravenous, when I know that I wasnt overly hungry.  I just (psychologically) needed to eat more food, and I did.  I had two ears of corn and lots of kielbasa.  But I did say no to the garlic bread my husband offered me.  So strange and enlightening...though I knew I wasn't hungry, I chose to eat more, for whatever reason, fully knowing that I might have to do a steak day tomorrow.  It was all up to me...well up to my wild child that wanted to pig out. 

But then again, its always up to me.  I am in control of my actions, my thoughts.  I can change them.  I can get my mind to start to get in touch with my body and its physical needs, and start eating for fuel.  And I can get my body to eat for pleasure as well when I need sustenance.  I can stop when I start to feel full.  I can get myself to eat only when I feel hungry.  I only need to put my intentions towards it, direct my focus on it, and PRACTICE without judgement. 

Yes, I know it sounds hokey...but if I say it, and then get myself to believe it, its gonna come true.  You can count on it. 

ps-I try to be really positive and forward thinking in my posts, because (full disclosure here), I believe in the law of attraction and that what I put forth will come back to me.   So don't be put off by all the I can do it talk...in terms of thinking you can't...I have all that talk too-so much so, but Im making a conscious effort to change it.  And to fully be the observer, not just with Ms.Wild Child and the Dictator that Martha Beck talks about in her book (a future 4 day win), I want to name my inner criticizing bitch and my extra 30 lbs, just like the heroine of one of my favorite blogs, Me, Drazil and Sheniqua does...so Im taking suggestions.  What do you think would be a good name for my inner demon...and that extra 30lbs Im carrying...I really dont like the ones in the title...

pss-since I did my 1st day easy goal, Im off to watch Chuck on Tivo...have a wonderful night.

1 comment:

  1. I read the article you posted yesterday, and it really does make sense. You are doing great on being the 'watcher'. I'm interested in your approach, and believe that you can will things into being. Sounds like you are well on your way to making this weight loss a permanent reality!

    ReplyDelete