Wednesday, April 14, 2010

R1P4D21

Current and LIW 159.4
Food Tracker
Exercise: 1 hr walking 17/mil pace pushing 40lb son and jogging stroller

Right on the money with my calories in matching my BMR yesterday, and look at that, no loss or gain today.  Very interesting...

On another note, if any of you are in Bucks County, would you be interested in finding out more about a Local Foods Co-op that we are trying to create in Doylestown?  If so, please comment and Ill send you details about our Community Information Meetings.   They are being held May 2nd from 2-4pm, and May 27th from 8-10pm.  It will be so great to have a local market open all yr round where we, the community, are the owners, and have a say about what is carried, market hours, vendors, and more....bringing work to our neighborhood and money to local farmers.  It is so important to BUY LOCAL!, if you have that option, of course.

4 Day Win Update: Day 3

What I ate: Sausage and 2 cookies

What I believed: 1) The cookies have been on the counter for a week, they cant taste good, let me just try a bite.  Wow, I was wrong, they do taste good.  Ill just have one (this is while cooking dinner), it cant hurt.  Oh, well, its there, Ill have the other one since the previous one was so good.
2) Im not eating that much sausage.  I only had one link.

Why it might not be so:
1)It wont hurt you, yeah right.  Just think what kind of effect the sugar have on you after you eat the cookie.  Will it cause further sugar cravings, exacerbate your candida. give you a headache? 
2) You had three pieces of sausage, remember?  When you were cooking and then in the house.  And you were so close to being under your calories for the day...and you were not even still hungry...you just liked the taste of it, and the feeling of it in your mouth. 

I am really liking the results of this 4 day win: it is wild to really analyze/see how I talk myself into things, make excuses for myself to eat things, or plum forget what I ate (that is why the food tracking is so crucial for me at this point).  I know it is ok for me to eat whatever I want to, I do not need to justify it....if I continually do that, I will continue to think like an overweight person, feel guilty about food, reward myself with food, and I wont be able to make this stick.  I am doing this because I WANT to make good choices, feel great about what I eat (no guilt), and also let the food I eat make me feel great (food=fuel, nutrition, nourishment).  It just takes a little (lot) of time for me to get it to sink in.

How about you?  Do you know what you need to do and want to do it, but continue to do something else despite that?

4 comments:

  1. Goodness yes! I've been having a battle with myself for the last week or so! I'm so glad your method is meeting with success! I'm going to see what will benefit me in the coming days as I finish up with round 3 Phase 2.
    Congrats on stablizing and maintaing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well of course! But I keep telling myself "nothing changes until I change."
    And I occasionally tell myself that whilst munching on something terribly delicious but unhealthy. Other time, though, I tell myself that while I'm hauling ass to the gym. These days, anyway, are more the latter.
    Umm, WAY HOT bikini shots, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um YEAH! But, my Mary Engelbrieght calendar says today, "success is standing up once more than falling down"

    So. That is what I'm going to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each 4-day win is going to strengthen your resolve to move in the healthy direction. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete