Monday, April 5, 2010

R1P4D12-Crazy Weight Weekend

LIW 159.4
Daily loss 3.7
Above LIW .7
Current Weight 160.1
Food Tracker: 16oz steak, 3 plum tomatoes
Exercise: Light walk 1mil

Sat weight: 162
Sat Exercise: 70min yoga, 1hr walking 3ml/hr pace

Sunday weight 163.8

Hi, my darling bloggy peeps, did you have a good weekend (aka Easter for those of you that celebrate)?  I did, and I didn't.  I really enjoyed spending time with my family, the weather was amazing, we did lots of fun things, but yesterday, on Easter, I had a STEAK DAY-UGH!!!!  And it was a please, fingers crossed, I hope this works steak day, because I really should have done one on Sat,  but I didn't.  Instead, on Sat, after gaining 1.8 lbs (1.5 after the bathroom) the day before, bringing me to 2.6 lbs above LIW, I didn't eat all day, and then enjoyed a wonderful meal out at my favorite restaurant for date night.  I agonized over that for about two hours...whether or not to cancel the reservation.  But I decided not too, as I need to be able to eat normally, without worrying about steak days in real life, and go on.  So we went.   And I didn't go crazy with my food...I definitely ate less than I could have (I wasnt full), and ate lots of protein and fat, and had only had two glasses of wine (which normally dehydrate me and make me lose?).  Then Sunday, I was up another 1.8!  For a total of 4.4 lbs above LIW!  Boy, talk about me freaking out.  And deciding that I can only go to that restaurant once a month, and hubby and I might need to do something other than eat on date nights...get your mind out of the gutter!

So, anyway, I knew it was now or never yesterday, and despite all the wonderful food at my hubby's parents for Easter Lunch, I didn't eat a thing.  I sat at the table while they were eating lunch and dessert, which was hard.  I then went over to Wegman's during a walk with my MIL, bought my steak, and enjoyed my family's company back at their house til 4:30, when I rushed us out so I could go home (sorry Mom and Dad, hope I wasnt too rude, I was just hungry!), cook my steak on the grill after marinating it in Bragg's, Garlic and Sea Sat, and hope it worked today-and boy did it! 

Ive never lost that much on a steak day before, so I must have been retaining a TON of water.  I was almost ready to buy the Holiday Correction Day ebook from ThinnereverAfter.com yesterday since I didn't think the weight was going to come off today.  Do any of you have it?  Did you find a lot of good tips/tricks in it?  I hesitated about buying the normal Correction Day ebook, since I dont like eggs, and already know about chicken day, cheese and apple day, steak day, and all of the egg days.  Maybe those of you could comment about whether or not there are other things in there that might work for me (enough for me to purchase it?).  It would definitely be helpful as I prepare to go into R2 (and want to get down to 155 before then). 

During dinner last night, I also starting reading Martha Beck's Four Day Win.  I am really enjoying it, and plan to incorporate many of the 4 day wins into my lifestyle and report on them here.  For any of you that want to join me, I would love it, and you could comment here, on your blog, or even do a guest post to talk about your progress/results.  You can do the four days wins no matter what type of diet or lifestyle change you are doing-the book is more about giving you tools to assess and change the way you think (and truly feel) about your body and dieting in order to support your thinner self, and not sabotage your efforts.  This is especially important for those of us that have lost weight in the past and regained it all back...or for those of us scared of that happening...both of which are true for me.  To find out more about four day wins, and why they work, check out this article.

I will post every four day win here...and I will be easy on myself and only do one every four days- though I want to do lots more, all at the same time, since Im already on chapter 9!  Yes, Im the typical overachiever that never really finishes anything because I have too many balls in the air, and too many areas of focus- Ill be working on that as well.

Our first one will start tomorrow...who's with me?

ps-In the words of Martha Beck:

Getting past rebound dieting means choosing kind perceptiveness when our reflexive responses—and those taught by most diet advisers—are to resist and control. Paradoxically, effective change begins with acceptance of everything that makes up our lives at any present moment. It's really true: Love, in the form of kindness to ourselves, is what never fails.

Be kind to yourself today...

3 comments:

  1. O that sounds like fun. I want to check that book out and I'm going shopping today. I'll see if I can find it. I just did my last injection so I am ready to shift focus. Good job on your steak day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to read that article. I think that your easter would have killed me. Good job. being kind...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was there with you Kelly on Easter- I am on P2, and dh & IL's wanted to go out to eat on Easter. I thought I could just sit there while they ate, and drink hot tea. Which I did. However, watching them eat was just too difficult, and I swore then that I would never do that to myself again! I didn't eat lunch until 3pm, which also sucked, when you are on P2!

    You had a TERRIFIC loss from your steak day!!

    ReplyDelete