Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Skip Day 2

So for this skip day, I increased my weight by .2 lbs. Now, granted, that is not much, about 3 oz. But for someone who's been losing consistently, its a little depressing. Its Day 12 of my VLCD, and most who stall don't do so until their last few days of the protocol.

But I am not going to panic. I reviewed my intake yesterday, and while it was under 500 calories, I realized that this might be due to a couple of things:

1) I drank about 2 cups of tea more than I usually do
2) I ate 3 strawberries before bed because I was only at 450 calories for the day (I think this is the one that did it...just because of the amt of food, not the calories)
3) I went for a little walk with Connor last night
4) I had a freshly broiled bison steak that I just cooked, and it might have had a little extra fat due to the juices from the other bison I cooked at the same time
5) I could be ovulating (this is also a good possibility)
6) I had a little extra salt yesterday

Today, I am going to stick with what I normally eat (chicken for lunch and bison for dinner), not count calories, and see what happens. I also took a potassium-magnesium tablet in order to get those bowels a moving and to curb any hunger I might have on this skip day. I'm hoping this supplement will not change the movement on the scale for worse, but if it does, I will know that it was definitely due to that since I will introduce no other new variables into the picture.

After rereading a few pages of the protocol this morning, Simeons is very clear that any changes to the plan will merit changes in weight loss (not talking about the supplement, but my food intake), and this is blaringly apparent to me now. Here's to 176.1 today and 174.5 tomorrow, right?

And also just read that its normal, due to the reduced food intake, to only move the bowels every 3 to 4 days on this diet...so I'm not so worried about that now...wish I read that before I took the supplement.

No comments:

Post a Comment