Monday, January 11, 2010

40 days and counting

One day 3 of VLCD, and down 5 lbs from my highest loading weight. Down 2.5 lbs from my starting weight (I know, all this confusing terminology)...In other words, the scale said 184 this morning. Though that's after it said 182.5 twice, which means that I need to get a new scale since 1.5 lbs off is a big deal. But boy was I excited for that 182.5. So that's just what Ill see tomorrow, right?

Trying to decide how strict I am going to be on this protocol. Kevin Trudeau modified the original protocol in his book the Weight Loss Cure, and it allows for a number of things that Simeon's original protocol did not. As a result, the HCG board that I am following has all of these wonderful recipes for dressings, broth, and the like that I do not have access to if I stick with Simeon. But as Simeon is a doc, and his protocol was found successful for thousands (all under the care of a doctor), I think I'm more apt to go with the original protocol and leave all the other stuff for P3.

By the way, just in case you are confused, here's a key to the lingo:

Loading Day: Days 1 and 2 of your injections. Eat as much fat as you can (gorge) and don't worry about the calories. You should GAIN weight during these two days.

VLCD: very low calorie diet (not to exceed 500 calories-dont try this at home unless you are following the protocol). Followed for a minimum of 23 days. Most choose either 23 or 43 day cycles. Simeons indicated that the user was to go for 40 injections max or a max loss of 34 lbs.

P1: Cleansing period (optional) before injections. For 30 days
P2: Loading days and VLCD days
P3: Stabilization. For 3 weeks after VLCD. No sugar or starch allowed.
P4: Maintenance. Eat whatever you like, though if you gain +/- 2 lbs in 24 hrs, you need to make changes as defined in protocol.

No full on hunger yet, though those psychological twinges still plague me. It would help if the house wasn't full of sugar and dairy (thanks to Connor and Mark), and if the kids didnt leave there uneaten food all over the house. But since I will be surrounded with it for the rest of my life, might as well get used to it.

Candida seems to be clearing up (YAY!), and today is the first time that I will be heading to the grocery store on the VLCD (I like saying that, the letters roll off the tongue). Hope its better than my foray into cooking while on VLCD. Boy did I want more than my 100gms of meat during lunch yesterday. I have to make sure I go right after lunch so I won't be tempted, though I am only buying my stuff when I go, which should help.

There was a time in my life (my 20's) where I thought I would kill myself if I ever made it to 150lbs, and here I am just praying that 160 is in my grasp for this first round.

No comments:

Post a Comment